>From: "Crabb, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'biofuel@yahoogroups.com'" <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [biofuel] RE: magnets in fuel line.
>Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:42:17 -0400
>
>theory as to why magnets work:
>
>  > long hydrocarbon chains
>  > are being broken down to shorter chains
>

>umm.. correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the fuel's high octane

(should be cetane)

specifically
>*because* the
>chains are longer?   hence they will not burn so quickly?
>
>now if the magnet is breaking this down.. wouldn't that be "poopifying"
>your
>grade of gas that you put in your tank?

Besides this , if  you could break an aliphatic c-c bond with a magnet, why
bother with pyrolysis, or complex catalytic cracking?
Hell, the whole petrochemical industry would be altered overnight.
It would be marvellous- that is if it weren't crap.
Oil companies are many things- but being lousy at organic chemistry isnt one
of them. This usually does affect snakeoil salesmen, however.

B A