"unlimited hydro-electric"..or wind, geothermal, nuclear, tidal, PV,
biodiesel-genset-H tank, biodiesel-reformer-fuel cell...there are options to
make this work and they will all be tried, but your point is taken that we
don't get something for nothing.

the diesel won't be around forever and at some point will be replaced, just
as the advanced steam engines of the past were displaced by the diesel.

In the meantime (20-50 years) many old and new diesels need a cleaner fuel
option.

------

Actually, any car is  virtually pollution-free when it's in the garage. It's
when we drive around in 'em that the problems start.

Ed B.
www.biofuels.ca