Dear Biofueler I am new to the group and i have 3 questions.

Q1 is there a daily digest i can receive of the last 24hrs emails rather
than receive lots of individual emails throughout the day?

Q2  Being new to biofuels i would like to ask a question about ethyl esters.
  I have read the fool proof article for biodiesel in which the first half
of the reaction is done with sulphuric acid, then the second half is done
with Lye (NaOH) with only half the basic methanol added, glycerine separated
and then second half added.
My question is has anyone done this Acid/lye reaction with ethanol/KOH
instead of Methanol/NaOH?  Would the H2SO4 react badly with the KOH instead
of the NaOH as in the foolproof method?
I just find the use of ethanol more appealing(less dangerous).

Q3  Does anyone know how much water is in "methylated spirits"?  I thought
it was 95% ethanol and 5% methanol, but water could be in there as well.  If
methylated spirits is less than 1% water, would the combination of methyl
and ethyl alcohol cause any problems with the transesterification process?

regards

Brian Storrar
Melbourne Australia

Monitoring Service trial