I am new to the list and to making biodiesel
I live in a rural area but 5 min from the coast, we are 2.5 hrs south of Sydney in N.S.W. Australia I have made Bio diesel for the first time from the information on your web site. Today was the first time that I tried it in the car (Toyota 4 w drive tubo-diesel 1986 model with 386000 klm on the clock)
It was a funny feeling, will the car run at all, is the fuel ok etc etc.
It drove like a dream so I can't wait to make the next 90 ltr
I did have a problem though, After washing the fuel looked cloudy and didn't want to settle ??. I heated the fuel to 60 deg c then let it settle and it cleared . To wash the diesel I made a drum with a spray system on the top and I sprayed 30 ltr of water over the top then I have a bubble ring at the bottom which bubbles to the top,about 3hrs of washing. Should I have put some water in the bottom at first ?.
The 90 lts of diesel gave me about 8 ltr of Glycerine , is that enough??
I did all the tests at first and the fuel looked very clear after the first process, I used 18 ltr Methanol and 450grm of Sodium Hydroxide for 90 ltr. I did the titration test 2x and got the same result- 1.5 and 3.5 grm (the oil is very clean) It is a bit hard when I have to get all the info from the net and can't talk to somebody close by.
I will keep making it and I suppose it will improve as I go.
I really want to wash the fuel  so will persist.
If there is anybody on the list that is close by I would love to talk to you.
Thank you for you time
Peter Harves ps I make a living making pottery see my web site www.coolpottery.com.au
  145 Edward Wollstonecraft Lane
                        Coolangatta
                        Via Berry N.S.W. 2535 Australia phone- 02-44485877