From: randallbarron1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 February 2002 14:42
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Re: ethanol distillation

Okay, so solar stills are available, but do not produce a very high
ethanol concentration with distillation.  What about using solar
energy to preheat your solution before it reaches a regular still.
If you could preheat with solar power, less energy would need to be
input it to the final distillation processes.

Randall

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I am new to this group so this may have already been answered
before,
> >but I have not been able to find any information on it yet.
> >
> >I keep seeing information about energy use for distillation being a
> >limiting factor using ethanol as an alternative fuel source.  Has
> >anyone looked into using some sort of solar collector to provide
the
> >heat (or at least some of the heat) needed for distillation?
> >
> >Randall
>
> Hi Randall

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_manual/manual15.ht
ml