In a message dated 02/17/2002 6:19:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, Ed Beggs,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The final rule establishes procedures for fleets and covered persons to
> request credits for the use of biodiesel. Fleets that are otherwise
> required
> to purchase an alternative fueled vehicle now may choose to satisfy that
> obligation through the purchase and use of 450 gallons of biodiesel in
> vehicles with a gross vehicle weight exceeding 8,500 pounds.
> Biodiesel may be used to satisfy up to 50 percent of a fleet's alternative
> fueled vehicle requirements. To be eligible for credit, the fuel must
> contain at least 20 percent biodiesel by volume and must be purchased after
> Nov. 13, 1998, the date of enactment of ECRA.
> The final rule was scheduled to go into effect on Feb. 12, but was delayed
> for 60 days to allow time for the Bush administration to review the rule. A
> May 2 Federal Register notice announced the completion of the regulatory
> review process and established a new effective date of April 13, 2001.
> For more information, contact Richard Moskowitz, ATA environmental counsel,
> (703) 838-1910.
> ---

Why is biodiesel only credited at 50%?????

Sorry if this is already addressed since his post I just got back from a trip
and have 300+ e-mail;s to wade through

Erik

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM