"Up to 50% of a fleets alternative fueled vehicle requirements" - Well, I am
guessing because they want to have other alt. fuels, EV's etc. get their due
as well, and not have all the fleet managers rushing over to just B20 as an
easy way to meet EPACT requirements. A policy balancing act.

Edward Beggs
www.biofuels.ca

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:12:09 -0500 (EST)
> To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [biofuel] EPA hassle
>
> In a message dated 02/17/2002 6:19:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, Ed Beggs,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

>> The final rule establishes procedures for fleets and covered persons to
>> request credits for the use of biodiesel. Fleets that are otherwise
>> required
>> to purchase an alternative fueled vehicle now may choose to satisfy that
>> obligation through the purchase and use of 450 gallons of biodiesel in
>> vehicles with a gross vehicle weight exceeding 8,500 pounds.
>> Biodiesel may be used to satisfy up to 50 percent of a fleet's alternative
>> fueled vehicle requirements. To be eligible for credit, the fuel must
>> contain at least 20 percent biodiesel by volume and must be purchased after
>> Nov. 13, 1998, the date of enactment of ECRA.
>> The final rule was scheduled to go into effect on Feb. 12, but was delayed
>> for 60 days to allow time for the Bush administration to review the rule. A
>> May 2 Federal Register notice announced the completion of the regulatory
>> review process and established a new effective date of April 13, 2001.
>> For more information, contact Richard Moskowitz, ATA environmental counsel,
>> (703) 838-1910.
>> ---
>>

> Why is biodiesel only credited at 50%?????
>
> Sorry if this is already addressed since his post I just got back from a trip
> and have 300+ e-mail;s to wade through
>
> Erik

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM