Richard,
I have just been going through the archives from a few months ago and
saw your response to my post "SVO without a diesel start/purge". You
said that you didnt want to use a two tank system because it would
require an SVA certificate.
I have had a hunt and as I read it you would not need one. see:
http://www.roads.dtlr.gov.uk/vehicle/sva/sva4/04.htm

which lists the following as vehicles requiring SVAs:
a left hand drive vehicle
a personally imported vehicle
an amateur built vehicle
a vehicle manufactured in very low volume
a vehicle manufactured using parts of a registered vehicle (for
manufacturers only - optional)
a disabled persons vehicle (mandatory if first licensing and
registration required)
a rebuilt vehicle (mandatory if first licensing and registration
required)
a motor caravan (optional)
an ambulance (optional)
a hearse
What information do you have that says that twin tank veg-oil
conversions would need an SVA?
Have you got your car running on veg oil yet? and what price are you
getting oil at? 21p sounds verry good for new oil.
Tim

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "krustycola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have given up with making alcohol fuel as I dont have the space
> or time, and it is quite expensive to get the chemicals here in the
> UK, I am also worried about corrosive contamination, so I have
> decided to buy either a Merc C250TD or a Vauxhall/Opel Omega
> that has the BMW 2.5L diesel engine. I intend to run on SVO from
> Friar's Pride at 21p/litre. I don't want to make any obvious
> modifications to the car, as this will require a SVA (Single
Vehicle
> Approval) certificate and insurance as a modified vehicle which I
> want to avaoid, so an extra fuel tank is out of the question. I
> intend to use an additive package and discrete heating devices,
> so that I can start and run on SVO.
> Can;t wait to get my oil burner!
> Richard
>

>  ---------------------
> > straight veg oil in his diesel car. it worked fine untill the
> > petodiesel had diluted away, then it wouldnt start in the
> mornings.
> > He didnt stop there, but just started mixing petrodiesel and Veg
> oil
> > from the supermarket. I dont know what it did to his engine, it
> was
> > during a mini fuel crisis here in England last year.
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search