--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "steve spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> yes, I realize that. added it for the benefit of those who thought
bigger is
> better, even on stock motors. Now, how do I get that supercharged
mini
> cooper to run E100?

 I don't know how involved my answer should be, as I'm not sure of
the seriousness of the question. You will need increased fuel/air
ratio, so if it's carburated, you need larger Jets. Your ignition
timing will also need to be advanced, as Ethanol burns slower.
 If I were doing the project myself, I would also be changing the
springs and flywheel weights in the mechanical timing advance in the
Distributor.
 Before someone tells me I'm full of something you don't want to step
in, and a minicooper is fuel injected or something, I will admit up
front I know little about mini-Coopers. Chevy small blocks I can make
crazy!

 To convert from Gasoline to Ethanol, you need to know the
differences betweens the 2 fuels and compensate for them. We already
covered parts of it. Engine efficiency is affected by the compression
ratio. The higher the ratio, the more efficiently it will run.
Gasoline is limited by detonation at about 9:1. Ethanol can be 13:1.
The actual physical ratio doesn't have to be changed as it can be
artificially raised with a turbo or Super charger. You will need
approximately 20% more fuel, but this needs to be further confirmed,
because with the increase in compression ratio, you have increased
the efficiency. With the increased efficiency, you may not need to
increase the fuel/air ratio as much.
 Ethanol does not vaporize as readily as Gasoline. Some means of
providing heat to the intake manifold will likely be needed. A heat
riser under the carburator will likely do the job. Simply heating the
fuel will not, because although the fuel will vaporize, it will also
immediately condense in the manifold.
 Ignition timing will have to be advanced because of the slower flame
front.

 This should give you a start.
I need to run for now. Something came up.

Motie

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.