Todd: Used to be that an SUV was completely synonymous
with a Chevy Suburban  (a misnomer back then, but
completely appropo today) and a crew of 8-10 oilfield
workers, fire fighters or surveyors going out to or
coming in from the field.

Curtis:  Yeah! :) I think I "just" old enough to
remember those days ..........

Todd: Now an SUV is synonymous with anything from a
1st year college student needing room for multiple
frat boys and kegs to a Lacrosse Mom (Cricket Moms in
other countries).

Curtis: I know!!  And I hate it 'cause it drags the
(true meaning/utility/farm) name of SUV/4X4 through
the "media/society" mud (associating it with
stupidity).  And because I wear the "I'm a 4X4'er
tee-shirt", whether they really intended to or not, IT
DRAGS ME IN TOO!!  THAT's the part I don't like.......

BTW, (reply offlist), what's a "Lacrosse Mom"??

Todd: Personal opiniion? Keep the "sport" in
automotive confined to the race tracks, take the "S"
out of "SUV" and put the vehicle back into perspective
and its intended use.

Curtis:  Agreed!!  NFC (No further comments)!!

Todd: When Lexus and Mercedes start market UVs you
know the auto industry took a wrong turn. (Odd how you
don't see too many a Lexus out rutting it through the
mud on the farm or hauling firewood to the cabin.)

Curtis:  (LOL) Sorry ...... :)

Todd: $25,000 - $45,000 - the cost of 25-50 acres, an
old farmhouse and a mule - is a bit of a sacrificial
exchange for quick trips to the corner mart for
disposable diapers.

Curtis:  Now, the disposable diaper part ... that
really makes me sick.  We've become SUCH a "throwaway
society".   VCR's "too expensive to repair" ... "might
as well throw it away and get a new one" ... sigh ....

BTW, where the hell do you get 25 acre for $45K ...
that's quite a deal compared to what I've seen....

Curtis

=====
Get your free newsletter at
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3122155/NL