<snip>
I think most serious 4x4s come with a diesel option. But not in the
US. The Mercedes G has a great diesel version, at least one, but it
seems not in the US. All the more serious Japanese 4x4s have diesel
options. Jeeps come with diesels, in Europe and I think here in Japan
too, but apparently not in the US. You guys really have to do
something about your diesel-bashers! Detroit's willing, for a change,
maybe they could use a little help. And are you really going to wait
another four years, at least, before you get some decent fuel? Other
than biodiesel, that is. That US petro-diesel is terrible stuff.

Keith

Not just the US petro diesel Keith, in Aus we have terrible fuel which stops
the
high tech european and japanese diesels coming in.  Toyota has a very nice 4.2
intercooled
turbo diesel with electronic control of the pump and all the nice stuff like 4
valves per cyl.
The fuel is not really good enough for the motor though.  Apparantly by 2005 a
new standard for minimum grade
diesel will be introduced in Aus enabling the gates to open for a wider diesel
passenger car choice.  (hopefully)

Neil

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM