MH,

Yes, but it was a question more meant to get Steve to
understand what a democracy is. That all of the below
are parliamentary democracies with different kind of
system. Monarchy or Republic, does not necessary
exclude that the country or federation is "ruled by the
people". How good the different systems are, is an other
issue. At the end, it all boils down to distribution of power
and vulnerability to manipulation. In an increasingly
complicated world, the right decisions also becomes
more difficult to make.

Hakan

At 08:34 PM 4/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>  Hi Hakan,
>  Is this what you meant?
>
> > What is UK then?
>     constitutional monarchy.*
>     The country is a parliamentary democratic monarchy.**
> > What is Canada then?
>     confederation with parliamentary democracy.*
>     The country is a federal parliamentary democratic state with the
>     British queen as monarch.**
> > What is Australia then?
>     democratic, federal-state system recognizing the British monarch as
> sovereign.*
>     The country is a federal parliamentary democratic state with the
> British queen as monarch.**
> > What is Spain then?
>     parliamentary monarchy.*
>     The country is a federal parliamentary democratic monarchy.**
> > What is Sweden then?
>     constitutional monarchy.*
>     The country is a parliamentary democratic monarchy.**
> > What is France then?
>     republic.*
>     The country is a semi-presidential democrayic republic.**
> > What is Germany then?
>     federal republic.*
>     The country is a federal parliamentary democratic republic.**
> > What is Switzerland then?
>     federal republic.*
>     The country is a federal parliamentary democratic republic.**
>  And the USA?
>     federal republic; strong democratic tradition.*
>     The United States are a federal presidential democratic republic.**
>
>  *  http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2128.html
>  ** http://www.electionworld.org/election/parties.htm
> >
> > I am very interested in your definitions of above countries.
> >
> > Hakan
>

> > >A democracy is mob rule. A republic is democracy with a constitution that
> > >specifies what limits the mob has. our 3 way system of government is
> set up
> > >with checks and balances that prevent any one group from over ruling the
> > >rights of others. It's quite simple in a complex way. It works for us.
> > >

> > >Steve Spence

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM