> yep, and it's the electoral vote that counts in this country, not the
> popular vote.
> Steve Spence

 My guess is most people figured that out
 but just in case, Steve has seconded the
 emotion.

 If anyone would like to check the results --

 U.S. National Archives & Records Administration

 2000 Presidential Election: Electoral College Members
 Including State-by-State Electoral Vote Results
 http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/electoral_college/members_2000.html

 2000 Presidential Election: Popular Vote Totals
 Vote totals are as shown on each State's Certificate of Ascertainment.
 The highest number is highlighted.

http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/electoral_college/popular_vote_2000.html

 2004 US Presidential Candidates
   Candidate Listing by Party:
 US Presidential Election Resources:
  State Primary Dates
  Electoral College Votes per State
  What is the Electoral College?
  Debates, Forums & Events
  Other Internet Resources
 http://www.vote-smart.org/election_president.php

> >  After looking at the US American presidential
> >  Historical Election Results
> >  http://gi.grolier.com/presidents/results/restable.html
> >
> >  I thought this reference would help.
> >
> >  Year   Candidate and Party           Electoral Vote   Popular Vote
> >  2000  George W. Bush, Republican       271          50,456,169
> >            Al Gore, Democrat                        266          50,996,116
> >            Ralph Nader, Green                       . . .
> > 2,695,696
> >
> >  I misplaced the comment from
> >  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  Tom Fisher of Dallas,TX