Bryan,

It looks like an enormous storage problem if you look at any
energy system on its own, but if we look at combinations and
better usage technologies it might be better.

Hydroelectric is already today using pumping of water to
storage reservoirs  and it is economical. Excess water must
either be wasted or pumped and the pumping is the done with
energy that otherwise would not be used. For excess capacity
wind and solar, it is the same case. We are not talking about
efficiency, we are talking about recuperation from waste. Hydrogen
produced from this excess capacity is the same thing.

On the energy usage side is very large possibilities for the
heating/cooling. If you read what we are saying on our site about
storage/emission and body system, it is very large savings to
be done and reduction of peak demands. It is very much to be
done on this side.

Solar power does cover peak demands for countries, where
offices and industries have large demands during day time.
The best system for this is to let users feed it to the grid and
make it a part of the peak demand coverage and storage
procedures. In this case it could also go towards hydrogen
production.

Hydroelectric dams would be a renewable resource that can
be combined with provider for energy storage. It is no longer
necessary to only see it as producer from natural rivers etc.
But all of this is large projects for large corporations and
those who can afford it is the industrialized countries.

I think that it is very important to start diversified biofuel
production in all countries and especially the developing
ones. It is to extract the solar power in biological form and
then refine it as fuels. I have said this many times and
it is both affordable and advantageous for developing
countries.

It is many possibilities and it is possible to do very good
energy planning for the future. An energy plan that do not
have biofuels as one of the key elements, is not a plan for
the people, it is a plan for the corporations.

Hakan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/FGYolB/TM