This is good data but you forgot to add the energy from the electric motor's
heat that will also be a plus to the calculation if you are looking at the hot
side of the system.

Bob

Hakan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bob,

Just wanted to add to your info about heat pump.

Both heat pump and cooling pump (fridge or AC) are energy movers. They take
energy from one side and move it to the other side. If you have movers with
the absorption method, it takes about the same energy as the energy you
move. With compressors, you can under the   best conditions spend one third
of energy to move it. This means that  you move 3.1 times more energy than
it takes to move it. Under the worst conditions you move the same energy as
you spend on moving it.

Absorption methods have been more or less abandoned, in favor of
compression methods. A new birth and interesting application is AC and
fridges with absorption method and driven by solar heating. The advantages
is quite obvious and challenging, the more sun outside, the more capacity
and need to move heat from the inside to the outside.

Hakan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM