<x-charset ISO-8859-1>There is a national effort to get the EPA to change the
listing of biodiesel
from an atypical fuel to a non-baseline fuel. This obscure change would allow
any biodiesel producer who demonstrated they are meeting the ASTM standard to
register with the EPA without first joining the National Biodiesel Board and
paying their high rates. I hope others will join in this effort to get their
legislators to pressure or entreat the EPA to make this modest change, as they
said they would and then reneged.   This effort will be discussed this next
Sunday at Claremont College near Los Angeles, at the "People's Biodiesel
Conference" that I will be attending along with Girl mark and many others.

More details to follow, but I've got to run to supper.

Tom Leue

In a message dated 1/23/04 7:26:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I would also like to learn more about the EPA guidelines for becoming a
> Biodiesel producer.€žFrom what I have read already, these guidelines seem to
> be
> heavily stacked against a "small business" owner.€žWhat can be done to get
> elected people aware of changes which need to be addressed in the law(s).
>
> I'm interested in making the best product possible.€žIt seems to me that
> "big
> government" is getting the way of small business.

To visit your group on the web, go to: