<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Mensaje citado por Maud Essen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On a related topic, because I'm working small-scale and only with
> SVO, I was thinking it would be smart to pre-measure some packets of
> chemicals while I was in a chemical measuring mode. Does anyone have
> any ideas for effective ways to pre-package pre-measured packets of
> chemicals for future use? I was thinking of making tight packets of
> aluminum foil and storing those in the smallest possible size of
> tightly closed container.

I once tried the same... premeasuring the lye and storing it in aluminium foil
packets... DON'T do it! Lye practically dissolves aluminium. There is a
reaction between lye and aluminium, and it can get pretty hot.

After that I didn't try anything else (now I weight the lye when I need it),
but I believe that maybe little plastic bags could work well.

Paula

To visit your group on the web, go to: