Uh-huh, another one...

>Neoteric Biofuels Inc wrote:
>
> > You're pathetic, and an embarrassment to many of your fellow Americans,
> > who do not fit the profile of the Ugly American (which you've
> > personified) whatsoever.
>
>  Showing your lack of eddicashun, I see.  The Ugly American was the
>good guy.

Literally yes, though I think you rather miss the point of it, but at
a certain point literary interpretations take second place to common
usage. The term Ugly American has been common in worldwide usage over
the last half-century, with the accepted meaning that Ed ascribed to
it. Graham Greene would not have disagreed, IMO.

> > God Bless America. It surely needs the help, to rid itself of such
> > attitudes as yours.
> >
> > Edward Beggs
>
>  Funny, I was thinking much the same thing...

That's a little ambiguous in its phrasing, Mr Williams, but the most
likely interpretation is that you support the views that Ed, Gustl
and others took issue with, mainly these:

>The bulk of the planet is infested by wogs who wear loin cloths an
>throw sticks
>at each other. That leaves Orientals and Europeans, who have their
>own agenda, and are welcome to it. I'm an American, have no need of
>either lifestyle..  Prior to 9/11, I didn't even care...

So, do you or not?

Your postings on this list since you joined a few months back have
largely been characterised by hit-and-run tactics - you sneer, you
talk a load of fact-free rubbish, when you're called on it you slide
away and don't respond, then come back later and do it again. This is
a discussion list, the universal rules of social discourse apply. You
wouldn't get away with such tactics in a face-to-face discussion, you
wouldn't even attempt it, and you'll no longer get away with them
here. So respond, state your case, no prevarication or obfuscation,
and be quick about it.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Biofuel list owner

>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dave Williams)==============================
>== waiting, anticipating / for someone to save her soul / well, I ==
>== ain't no new Messiah / but I'm close enough for rock and roll! ==
>============================= http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/index.htm

Restored text: