Todd,
1. Talmud is a written commentaries to Torah, not an oral law.
2. Oral law was developed during the time of receiving of 10
commandments, when Moses was a judge and
     didn't have enough time to preside over all the cases , so he
appointed Judges. Their rulings became a base
      for an oral law, which was later recorded in books. It encompasses
many aspects of Jewish life including
      marital relationship, agriculture, business  and so forth.
3. Jewish religion is not a sect and there is no other "oral" documents
- everything is documented in books
   and interpreted from the books.
Can you point out exactly to what Luc said which was true in your opinion?
We all have our limited life to live and we all make our choices. Some
choices make us happier then others.
I'm happy with my believes. You don't sound very happy though.
Alex