Hello Teoman

>Sorry, just trying to avoid purchansing titration equipment. And get a
>good unerstanding of the processes before I start anything.

If you read the previous messages I referred you to on this, you'd
see those two statements are incompatible.

Anyway, how much would titration equipment cost you? Or how little
rather? You'll get it all back and more on what you save with your
first tankful. False economy.

> I just got access to a highschool lab, if I bring my own chemicals and
>wash after I have used the equipment.

Good, so start at the beginning then, single-stage base with virgin
oil, small test batches:

"Where do I start?"
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html#start

>I also had bought some isopropanol (%99 pure) with the phosphoric acid.
>
>Can and should I titrate larger quatities of wvo, should I mix them??

If you're going to process the mixture, sure, why not? On the other
hand, if something goes wrong and it's caused by oil from one source
and not the others it won't be very easy to discover the problem.
You'll have to go back to the beginning, titrate the oil from each
bach separately, and do small test batches with each.

>Say I collect 10L each from three different sources, can I mix them and
>then titrate? Or do I have to titrate them separately?
>
>What about the denser white fat at the bottom?

Depends what it is, tallow, hydrogenated, gunk. And whether you plan
to use the fuel in summer or winter. See:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_winter.html
Biodiesel in winter

>Can I collect say one ton of wvo and then titrate it?

Yes, but you're unlikely to be doing that before you've made your
first one-litre test batches with virgin oil. It's often said that
making biodiesel doesn't lend itself well to theorising - just do it.
Focus on doing it properly and learning as much as you can. Be
thorough. The more effort and care you put into doing it well and
developing good practices in the beginning the better off you'll be
later, it really pays off. When you have some hands-on experience
your forward planning and theorising will make a lot more sense.

Best wishes

Keith Addison

Previous: