From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:12 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] Re: Farmer's Lobby UPDATE

> I have quotes from some of the big guys for
> what they consider a "Minimum" size turnkey ethanol plant, and the
> numbers are scary.  The way I break it down, their quotes are around
> $4.50 - $5.00 per gallon of annual ethanol capacity.  That translates
> a small 5 million gallon/year distillery costing about $25 million.
> They would much rather build a 50 million gallon/year distillery for
> about $200 million, since the same time and energy is expended in
> designing each."
===================================
Folks,

Corn = Maize
MGY = million gallons per year
50 million gallons = 189,271,000 liters

On a previous reply earlier today, I was not correct by stating that the
above 200 million costs were 4 times inflated (my estimate was $50
mill).
An actual estimate below comes to $79,499,800 for a new 50 MGY plant.

I would like to know if the turnkey distillery that Peggy was thinking
about above, would use a wet mill or dry mill process. That could mean a
great deal on costs per gallon of ethanol produced. A wet mill is more
expensive to build and operate.

New natural gas fired 50 MGY DRY mill plant quoted start up costs for
ground breaking early next year (in $USD):

Plant construction-   60,264,881
Land & Development-    3,630,000
Railroad tracks-       2,435,000
Admin building-          210,000
Office Equipment-         75,000
Computers,software-      100,000
Construction bond-       500,000
Const. insurance-        120,000
Const. Contingency-    1,009,919
Fire protect & water     840,000
Capitalized interest-  1,350,000
Rolling stock-           320,000
Start up costs-        8,645,000
====================================
Total                 79,499,800

Start up costs would be such items as fuel, corn feedstock inventories,
financing costs, pre-production costs, working capital, chemicals,
ingredients, and spare parts.

1) Let us remember that the 50 MGY output is a 'guarantee' and that in
actual practice from previous plant experiences, the output is around 3
million gallons OVER the guarantee after the first or second year.

2) These plants have all the bells and whistles today with regard to
pollution controls and...you won't get a neighbor complaining about the
smells.

3) Also, a co-product is produced for sale (protein feed) that can add
20%
to the revenue stream.

Ron B.