the dp seriesss cav pumpas weree license built rooosa/stanasdyne, some cav wereee ussed on the oldsss gm diesel,, i have a bookkk, with partss breakdown on stanadyne, and cav,, but it showsss the older styhles coupler which wasss indeed partt ofhte governoooor ,, fastenddd to one end of the flywehght cage, the book is diesel ;engine repairrrrr b y john f dagel publishedd by john wiley, if u email me i w;ill be happpppy to copy and email the approarailtttt pagessss, buckk

> i definintelly believe the replace part is
> betterrrrr tan the plastic part,,,, thousand percent,,, better,, the
> stainless was developed in response to failure rate of plastic part,,,,, if
> u want i can try to find illustrated parts break dwon to show what theis
> part looks like and where its at,,,, buck,

I visited a diesel service company in the summer and they had some framed
exploded view pump posters on their walls, Bosch, Lucas, Standyne etc but
there was no way they were going to tell me where they got them. I tried to
get in touch with that company in the UK which took over the Lucas CAV
systems and others (forget the name at the moment) but it's a huge
conglomerate and I got nowhere at all.

Well Buck, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject, what I am
trying to do is figure out how a LucasCAV rotary pump could be modified to
tolerate filtered and heated svo/wvo. I have heard that 'grooving the vanes'
might be an idea but quite honestly I really don't know what the guy was
talking about as I have never been inside any pump ever. I would though if I
thought I knew a bit about what I was doing and therefore I have been
looking high and low for a book or indeed an 'exploded view' poster. So of
course I am wondering if you or any other list member has a source for this
information and would be prepared to share.

Thanks