Hi Keith, et. al.,

Yes, that is what I had in mind. Kim had mentioned how much she valued the
interaction on this list, something that I also value, and feel that many
value. It is/has been an education and even an inspiration. At the same time,
for the world in general, I feel that to move forward on many fronts we need
something of a paradigm shift. I have also just about given up on the
leadership of my home country (USA) and many others to actually lead us toward
a better future. I see us stuck in a rut and going the wrong way extremely
fast! I think the needed change will have to come from the bottom rather than
from the top. I see the Internet as one way to promote communication between
people, without intermediaries and their spin. Hakan mentioned the below quoted
bit about the influence each person can have on so many others. This led me to
think of the potential for global change that our conversations here on this
list, across so many frontiers, cultures, religions, languages, etc., may
possibly have.

Derek