----- Original Message -----
From: girl mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Paul,
> Is tallow biodiesel more likely to form soaps? I always assumed that skin
> is a sign of soaps, though I haven't made any fuel that skinned in a long
> time. This would be washed out.
> Mark

Mark, can't answer that one, have noticed skinning on BD from both veg oil
and animal fat, but have not compared levels.  Did notice however that the
skin will redissolve if stirred back in. Skin even washes ok.

Remember some time back I was posting about the thickish white layer between
BD and wash water on settling after mist washing. You asked what made me
think it was not emulsion. Turns out it was emulsion, a sample of it is
separating to BD, smaller intermediate layer and water after standing for
about a month. Origionally sampled it with intent of getting it analysed, no
need now.

Regards,  Paul Gobert.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX