Hi Robert

<snip>

The Masai drink the blood of their animals. Is that better, or worse? Does it matter?

Blood and milk, and it turns out they eat a lot of herbs and stuff too. Whether better or worse, it sustained them in superb health through many centuries.

You have to read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price about this, but I think you still demur because some silly person told you he supports eugenics, which is atrocious nonsense.

See:
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library.html#price
Small Farms Library - Journey to Forever

Damn - the whole book was online at Steve Solomon's site, <http://www.soilandhealth.org/> but I see he's removed it. Steve's much too nervous about copyright infringements even when the book is out of print, in which case online reproduction is covered. Actually he got the scan from me anyway. Now I'll have to proofread it and format it and put it in our library. You should read these two chapters especially:
I. Why Seek Wisdom from Primitive Races
IX. Isolated and Modernized African Tribes

You can read Steve's long review instead in the meantime if you like, it's good, most of it's quoted directly from the book.
http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0203CAT/020305ppnf/PPNF.HTML
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Best wishes

Keith