Biofuels are probably cheaper than petro. When you include the costs of the military in a barrel of mideast oil the real cost is not the quoted one.

The environmental costs are real as well. Unfortunately they are paid in sickness and reduced life -- and usually by the poorest members of humanity.

I think what I am trying to say is we are on this list because of the costs of conventional technology and business paradigms. There has to be a better way, especially if mankind is to prosper.

Kirk

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
no argument here. but that wasn't the point.

yet at the same time, it was. i mean, if we were to let such considerations
determine our actions--let alone what we are willing to think or imagine--we
wouldn't all be on this list, would we? ;›)

cheers,

-chris b.