I hope your friend isn't too adventurous. You might find him with more than his shoes off, skipping around and talking to the trees.

:-)

Mike

Brian Rodgers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I talked with a few folks last night about the home brewing of ethanol
from sawdust. I am happy to announce that these guys are working on a
"found" Oyster Mushroom mycelium that they are hopeful will break down
the cellulose in order to separate the lignin. If this experiment works
they may have found a natural method although slower to aide in the
fermentation of wood fiber. Mushrooms are not my specialty but from what
I gather talking to the guys is that the beginning of all classic
mushroom research is in the hunting and gathering. I have this picture
in my mind of my friend wandering around the local forests in his bare
feet looking for the elusive shroom that grows on the type of tree we
are trying to process. Talk about grassroots research!

Brian Rodgers

--
Brian's & Nell's computer scanned this baby & no viruses were found in this outgoing message.