Mushrooms like the same sugars that yeasts like.  So a lot of what you
are trying to get from the wood is what the fungi consumes.

I have cultured both yeasts and fungi and had to have completely
seperate laminar stations because there was cross contamination going
out of control.

If you can find the fungi and make it work, I would be happy to see the results.

fred