Hehe
I hope your friend isn't too adventurous. You might find him with more than his shoes off, skipping around and talking to the trees.

:-)

Mike

Yep no doubt about it, but it might be a good idea for more of us to try a little "talking to the trees". Let's see if Mother Nature can teach us a thing or two. I believe “bare foot exploration” of our forests is an important process in getting in touch with our local environment. I just finished… Well almost finished reading a story that Keith sent out via a link http://www.distill.com/woodhydrolysis/woodprocess.html

And I have to say it is more than a little overwhelming trying to comprehend the current state of ethanol from biomass which includes wood waste products.  So yeah, I take luxury in thinking, while going “way out there” searching for alternatives!  With so many obstacles in home brewed ethanol I am beginning to think it would be easier to find an old diesel Mercedes and switch over to the bio-diesel way of thinking.

Strange how we let our past govern our way of thinking; several years ago I had a Mercedes 1974 240 D (diesel) in which the engine threw a rod.  Instead of rebuilding the engine I undertook a massive reworking of that car and installed a modern fuel injected computer controlled gasoline engine and its transmission.  It was a fun project and I pride myself in the fact that the whole job was accomplished without blowing one fuse.  Well actually that was a huge undertaking and I had pride in every aspect of the conversion.
Needless to say I have major reservations about going back to diesel.
It is a good thing I can keep an open mind, right?

Brian