Kieth:

As you often do, you have over-reacted here.

Most BD'ers on this list admit to their limited knowledge and
skills when they join the list. They then get a certain amount
of advice from web sources and start to build.  Have you noticed
that no two processors are alike?  We all have access to different
materials and try to mix and match to approximate the prototype.
Alternatively, we think or know where an improvement can be included.
So the processors evolve either by serendipity, accident or design.

also see in-line comments.