Sorry about being inacurate enough to get the engine size wrong, I was writing from memory,  I was actually quoting from a book that collected 27 of the 50+ mechanic and newspaper reviews done on this guy's engine mod.   The book reprint online can be found here:

Don't shoot the messenger, if you don't like his engine mod, talk to the mechanics that reviewed it, not me.  He was granted a patent on it, but died about the same time, which is probably why we haven't seen an commercial development of it.

Jerry

-------Original Message-------

Date: 09/21/05 17:56:09
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Ch 7 10PM News out of Boise

Trevon Kollars wrote:
> Actually, the Chevy 350 has three variants; Small Block, Big Block, and
> the Blue Print (which is really a 355).

  You're confusing horsepower and building technique with casting type.
  Go here for enlightenment:

> The "rumors" of the 200 mpg and such are somewhat true.

  Like someone can be "somewhat" pregnant?

>  The small block
> 350 was able to run at 110 mpg on heated gasoline.  The fuel was
> vaporized prior to entering the carb.  The big block was able to run at
> around 80 mpg with the same apparatus.  The problem was that the engines
> were not in a vehicle but in a test stand and actual numbers were not
> verified.

  If the numbers are not verified, they shouldn't be presented in this
forum as factual.

> Smokey Yunick spent years working on a design and it was superseded by
> fuel injection which did the same thing but mechanically.

  No V 8 engine of 5 liters or greater displacement, fuel injected or
not, comes CLOSE to the claim of 100 mpg in the real world.  Don't
dodge the bullet!  And don't invoke the revered name of Smokey Yunick
to support this kind of nonsense!

> The propane and methane work but do not have the energy of gasoline or
> diesel for that matter.

  This is what I said.  What you missed is that fuel economy with a
gaseous fuel is PROPORTIONAL to its energy content.

>  The best vapor to use is atomized gas with an
> injection of hydrogen.  This will give you the best burn in a NA
> engine.

  Oh no!  Hydrogen!

> You can supercool the air in the cylinder but you don't want to
> cool the intake.

  You're writing to a "gearhead" who drives a fuel injected,
supercharged and intercooled truck every day.

> Hope this inspired someone!

  Inspired someone to WHAT?  You need to get your facts straight!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind

Ranger Supercharger Project Page