Automotive industry surely hates motorcycles.  Which cost less, burn less
and require less maintenance.
Similar study was published a month ago from a small university in Turkey.
Very similar results.

1- 2 stroke bikes surely pollute more.  But they are banned.  Simple
scooters from 100 cc and up are all 4 stroke.
The researchers who test 2 stroke machines are wasting research money since
they are disappearing anyway.

2- Bike take less space and do not cause traffic jams.  My typical commute
to work is almost 150 minute with car.
I drive a 1.6 litre engine Nissan which gives me 7.5lt/100km.
If I ride to work same commute takes 100 minutes.  My Suzuki (1 litre engine
with catalytic converter) gives me 5lt/100km.
So everyday I am saving 4 litres.
How is it possible to pollute more when burning less and I have catalytic
converter on the bike as standart?

3- Small 4 stroke scooters all have catalytic converters and burn 3lt/100km.
You can not out speed them.  With less than 10hp
it is useless.

4- You can drive the car same way, speeding and criss crosing the road.  Or
not having the engine well maintained.
I am sure results would be much worse.  The issue is to educte the
driver/rider to behave on the road.

5- EU is putting strict limits to bikes.  Hence most of the bikes have
injection and catalytic converters today.  Many bikes are not being produced
because they can not meet the limits.

As a biker for more than 10 years, this is not the first report with such
results.  I m not surprised.  Of course you are consuming with a car.
- Pay more for it (averaging 10.000EU more)
- You burn more fuel,
- You waste more time in city traffic,
- You spend more for insurance, maintenance etc.....
So the person may end up consuming more and producing less.  Now who would
benefit out of that?
I would like to ask that to Swiss scientist...

And finally I hope they do not research how much is waisted in car races
like formula-1, Lemans endurance etc...
Those machines are loud and very very thirsty.  Probabily one of them during
1 race pollutes more than a typical rider
can manage whole year.

Regards

Burak