On 4/19/06, Bobby Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, the US missed the opportunity to have someone in office that couldn't
> make a decision if the life and health of the nation depended on it. I would
> feel really safe if the democrats had control of the White House...

Well, maybe the democrats couldn't make a decision to save their
lives, but that's slightly better than making the wrong decision,
which is what the current administration seems to be doing all of the
time.  I for one would prefer an ineffectual government to a downright
evil government that's trying to kill me and the rest of the world.
Even forgetting all of the domestic attacks on our environment,
climate, health care, etc..., the "war on terror" is doing a better
job of creating more terrorists who hate us than ridding the world of
terror (admittedly sort of a hard thing for the US to do in earnest,
since we've sponsored so much of it through the years...)

On the other hand, there is something to be said for the Bush
administration's effect on organizing everyone.  If Gore or Kerry had
won, would we have the massive outrage against the US government that
we have now?  Probably not.  It would have been "not that bad", but
"not that bad" is not a goal to strive for.  I've heard this argument
here a few times, and although I don't entirely agree (it seems a
little like saying Hurricaine Katrina and all the deaths it caused was
a good thing because it will raise awareness of global warming), there
is a point there.