Hi Bob

Nutrition and Health, by Sir Robert McCarrison -- McCarrison's Cantor
Lectures, to the Royal Society of Arts in 1936, Faber and Faber,
London, 1953. After joining the Indian Medical Service in 1901 Robert
McCarrison spent his early years in the Northern Frontier region
investigating the legendary Hunza tribe, mountain people who lived to
a vigorous old age and never got sick. He discovered why, and proved
it in a series of experiments at the Nutrition Research Laboratories
at Coonoor in India. It was the food they ate -- and, just as
important, not just what food, but how it was grown. Unless it was
grown in fertile soil, it was not health-giving food. Most doctors
study disease; McCarrison had the rare opportunity to study health
instead, as well as the lack of health among other races in the
southern part of India subsisting on a poor diet. His findings put
the fledgling science of nutrition on a whole new footing.
McCarrison's Cantor Lectures describe his experiments as Director of
Nutrition Research in India, the results, and the implications for
health and nutrition. With photographs. Full text online at the Small
Farms Library.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/McC/McCToC.html

The Wheel of Health by G.T. Wrench, Daniel, 1938
Dr. Wrench's classic exploration of the Hunza, a mountain people
renowned for their longevity and vigor. By approaching the problem of
disease from the angle of a study of a perfectly healthy people,
Wrench shows that health depends on environmental wholeness, of which
a whole diet is the vital factor, and that a whole diet means not
only the right sorts of foods, but their right cultivation as well.
An examination of the agricultural technique of the most successful
cultivators of East and West shows what an essential part of the
wheel of health -- from man to soil, from soil to plant, from plant
to man -- is the farmer's renewal and protection of the soil. Full
text online.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/Wrench_WoH/WoHToC.html

Lots more in the Small Farms Library if you care to look.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library.html
Small Farms Library - Journey to Forever

Try Price, or Cleave - you'll HATE it! LOL! Especially since it's real science.

Keith