Thomas Kelly wrote:

I'm having some problems with the Rife Machine .... Universal Microscope .... "Cancer virus" ..... conceptual problems. I'm familiar with UV microscopes: limits of magnification ~1,400X. Phase contrast microscopes allow for observing living, unstained organisms, but also have a limit of about 1000X. Scanning and Transmission electron microscopes: magnifications from single digits to 100,000s. The nature of light itself is what limits the resolving power of light microscopes, whether the light is in the visible spectrum or uses the smaller, wavelength, UV. As I understand it, at some point (1000X for visible light and 1400X for UV) very small objects become fuzzy and indistinct. Very small objects, very close to each other, do not allow light waves to pass between them (UV light is of smaller wavelength and so allows for some increased magnification) and a mass of individual particles appears as a blob i.e. lacks resolution. I'm trying to imagine if this limitation could be overcome if the organism itself could be induced to emit light. Even organisms that phosphoresce fall within the same limits of magnification stated above.

The idea of frequency mixing is that two frequencies when combined in a nonlinear fashion produce other frequencies which are the sum and difference of the two original frequency components. So for example if we select two light sources which are above the visible spectrum ( smaller wavelength) but the difference in frequency between them falls within the visible spectrum we could see the product of mixing the two original wavelengths. This would require that both the source waves be focused onto a point whch has the property of a semiconducting junction . That is to say that electrically the object conducts in a non linear fashion, typically this means it conducts better in one direction of the oscillation of the waves than the other. For this to happen the subject would also have to be capable of operating in this nonlinear fashion ie switching states at least as fast as the half period of the impingent light waves. This would produce harmonic mixing and would result in the generation of two new wavelengths which are the sum and difference frequencies of the original light sources. The sum would be obviously way higher than the visible spectrum but the difference would be visible and would appear to emanate from the subject under illumination. Whether there is something in a virus which can act as a non linear device ie a diode capable of switching at terahertz frequencies I have no idea but if so the idea could work.

Limits of resolution are also a function of the lenses. A microscope that costs 52 EUR might boast a magnification up to 1000X, while a 500 EUR microscope may only have 400X as its uppermost magnification .... the extra cost and higher quality is payment for greater resolving power (clarity). Electron microscopes use a beam of electrons of incredibly small wavelength which will "fit" between small objects that are very close to each other ----> high resolution at high magnification i.e each small object is seem as an individual object rather than blurred together into a blob. Electrons, like UV light, are invisible. Images are seen on a screen; photographs capture images. "Modern electron microscopes instantly kill everything beneath them, viewing only the mummified remains and debris." Electron microscopes do not kill the organism being viewed. A vacuum must be maintained within the tube of the microscope in order for the electron beam to move from anode to cathode. Because of the need to maintain a vacuum, any object to be viewed must be desiccated, fixed, stained with a heavy metal. No glass slides, no glass lenses (would block the beam). Magnification is achieved with magnetic fields.

I have an environmental SEM capable of operating at higher pressures which are less damaging to tissues and also negating the need to coat the sample with gold in order to mitigate surface charging but the high energy electron beam would still kill living organisms.

Joe