----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Addison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Tyson and Chicken fat as Biodiesel

>   "More biodiesel in the marketplace could help make biodiesel's cost even
> more
> competitive with diesel fuel," Pearson said.
>
>   The board estimates that U.S. biodiesel production is tripling annually,
> going from 25 million gallons in 2004 to 75 million gallons last year. The
> final tally for 2006 should be between 150 and 225 million.
>
>   Biodiesel costs about $1 a gallon more to produce than conventional
> diesel,
> but federal tax breaks for fuel distributors help hide that cost from
> consumers.

BD a dollar more than DD? what a crock. if we can do it in our collective
garage for less than a dollar a gallon why cant they do it in a huge
super-specialized facility for even less? man, these corporate types are
dumber than i thought...and i figured they were they were incompetent to
begin with.