Seems to me like an engine running an 8 hour shift would be ideal for
SVO -- you'd have to start it on biodiesel till it got up to operating
temperature, then just make sure the incoming SVO is as hot as you can
get it -- 180F or higher.  The schemes to just thin SVO with biodiesel
and ethanol seem pretty risky.

One thing to think about is wet stacking the generator depending on
the loading of the shop -- many diesel generators cannot be run at
less than 20% of full load, and if the generator is sized for starting
large motors, it may not operate at this level consistently.