Hi Tom

>Keith,
>     Thanks.
>     Not only will your reply be helpful in the matter of the diesel
>generator, but may help me in my "quest" to run a gasoline car, legally, on
>homebrewed ethanol.

Our TownAce has an Elsbett system and can run on petro-diesel, biodiesel
or SVO, pure or in any mix (though we never use petro-diesel). It would be
an interesting option to add 190-proof ethanol (or less) at up to 50% of
the blend, or even 80% maybe. Real multi-fuel vehicle.

Maybe I'll have the chance to explore it a bit further soon, buy a few
cans of 95% ethanol and do some tests. Or something.

>     If the water in 95% ethanol will not cause problems when I denature the
>ethanol with gasoline (2 gallons per 100 gal of ethanol), I can, with a
>permit, legally produce ethanol and run cars on it.

Do a one-litre batch first?

>     I will pass on the information you have provided, and attempt to digest
>it all myself.

:-) Just a bunch of questions really, sounds good, but it'd be nice if
somebody did have real on-the-ground experience of it.

I agree with Fritz though, it's a risk, no guarantees, not much you could
recommend to someone wanting a reliable solution.

>                                Best to You,

And to you Tom

Keith