Hello Dawie

>Indeed, I haven't kept chickens! I bow to your better experience.
>
>My comment was, however, by way of illustration rather than
>evidence. As such it
>was really the least important part of my post.

But the illustration was not correct. We are all one. No creature is
better or worse than another. That's not unimportant, it's crucial.
The biosphere itself is now under threat. To what extent is that due
to our failure to heed this basic law of life on earth?

>It is interesting that it was
>the only bit that drew comment.

I'm sorry if it seems I sidetracked the discussion, but even though
there's not yet been any further comment, I'm sure it's inspired
thought and reflection.

Here's your original message, in full:
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg75964.html

All best