Hi, Rick-

I agree with your sentiment, but given what has been said of the deployment
of SVG-Tiny on the FlashLite viewer, I'm not sure you could say that it *is*
getting SVG used.

Naturally, Macromedia needs to make money, and I don't fault them for that.
And keeping their viewer small may be enough incentive for them to exclude
the SVG-T libraries by default, thus making it more attractive to some
licensees.

But I wonder why people aren't going for the SVG libs? John, can you tell us
if you charge more for SVG capability? How about the size of the libs
compared to the overall size of the viewer?

Maybe you could include the SVG libs by default, and see who complains or
applauds. It might be that your licensees simply don't understand the value,
but that given the exposure, they will see what they gain or lose. It seems
to me that this would be valuable market data for both Macromedia and anyone
licensing FlashLite. If people really don't see the value, you could remove
the libs; and if they do like it, you might even consider charging more for
it, and adding support for SVG in your authoring products (possibly even at
a higher premium).

Regards-
Doug

doug . schepers  @ vectoreal.com