Thanks for the info. I was hoping to find a high level API with basic
functions built into it like "DrawColoredRectangle
(x,y,len,width,color)"

There's a very near deadline on this project so i'm trying to get a
library with the most comprehensive API i can.

Chris

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Chris Serio schrieb:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm new to SVG. I've never used it before but i want to use it to
> > generate images that can be used in Visio (which can open SVG),
> > possibly convert to PDF and also view on the web. The images will
be
> > generated by a program i want to write which will interpret some
data
> > in a database.
> >
> > Basically i'm making schematics for a wiring diagram and i will
have
> > connector types saved in a database as well as to/from pin
routings.
> > >From this data i want to generate the schematic using SVG.
> >
> > I'm proficient in C/C++ but i'm not sure where to begin. Is there
an
> > SVG SDK for C/C++ out there somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions,
> > Chris
>
> Hi Chris
>
> i dont know any c/c++ , but as svg is just plain simple xml, you
should
> be able to build your svgs with any xml lib.
> for more advanced features including rendering, and rendering to
pdf see:
> http://cairographics.org/introduction
> and
> http://cairographics.org/libsvg
>
> or if you could use Java, there is the Apache Batik project, which
is
> the most complete open source SVG implementation.
> http://xml.apache.org/batik/
>
> and if you are on Linux have a look at
> http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/
>
> or if you plan to have a GUI , and want that to be portable, you
migth
> as well think of building a XUL app, using mozilla svg.
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
> http://www.xulplanet.com/
>
> as i said i dont know c/c++ ,
> hope it helps anyways
> Holger

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h4339tc/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123008432/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>