Yeah i'd be using .NET. I'm not sure what XSLT is but i'm going to
look into it right now...The database is pretty simple but the
drawing needs to have some logic to it so that wires don't cross on
the schematic etc.

The database will just be a from-connector #, from-pin #, to-
connector #, to-pin # and some wire gauge/type for each.

Chris

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "William McKenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> What sort of c/c++ environment are you using?  One option would be
to find
> something like 'kode' (part of debian linux, I believe) that would
generate
> c++ classes or templates from the RelaxNG schema for svg.  Those
classes
> could then be used to generate SVG objects.  If you are in the .NET
> environment, you might want to consider using ADO.NET to get your
database
> objects as XML, and then using XSLT to transform them into SVG.
Really
> fairly flexible and elegant, if you can deal with XSLT.
>
> ~Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Chris Serio
> Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:47 AM
> To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Newbie SVG Developer
>
> Thanks for the info. I was hoping to find a high level API with
basic
> functions built into it like "DrawColoredRectangle
> (x,y,len,width,color)"
>
> There's a very near deadline on this project so i'm trying to get a
> library with the most comprehensive API i can.
>
> Chris
>

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Chris Serio schrieb:
> >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > I'm new to SVG. I've never used it before but i want to use it
> > > generate images that can be used in Visio (which can open SVG),
> > > possibly convert to PDF and also view on the web. The images
will
> be
> > > generated by a program i want to write which will interpret
some
> data
> > > in a database.
> > >
> > > Basically i'm making schematics for a wiring diagram and i will
> have
> > > connector types saved in a database as well as to/from pin
> routings.
> > >
> > > I'm proficient in C/C++ but i'm not sure where to begin. Is
there
> an
> > > SVG SDK for C/C++ out there somewhere?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions,
> > > Chris
> >
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > i dont know any c/c++ , but as svg is just plain simple xml, you
> should
> > be able to build your svgs with any xml lib.
> > for more advanced features including rendering, and rendering to
> pdf see:
> > http://cairographics.org/introduction
> > and
> > http://cairographics.org/libsvg
> >
> > or if you could use Java, there is the Apache Batik project,
which
> is
> > the most complete open source SVG implementation.
> > http://xml.apache.org/batik/
> >
> > and if you are on Linux have a look at
> > http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > or if you plan to have a GUI , and want that to be portable, you
> migth
> > as well think of building a XUL app, using mozilla svg.
> > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
> > http://www.xulplanet.com/
> >
> > as i said i dont know c/c++ ,
> > hope it helps anyways
> > Holger
>

> -----
> To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -or-
my
> membership"
> ----
> Yahoo! Groups Links

 low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>