On 9/7/06, Doug Schepers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Hi, Jon-
>

> jon_ferraiolo wrote:
> > Hi Marc,
> > I think you misunderstood me. I was replying to Margie about how
> > best to encourage Adobe to change their policy. I agree that Adobe
> > isn't likely to rethink their commitment to Flash/Flex, but they
> > might rethink some other things, such as making ASV available for
> > downloads after 1/1/08, supporting ASV beyond 1/1/07, and/or
> > donating the source code to open source.
>
> Jon, you are an optimist... and I mean that in a good way. I admire
> your propensity for finding solutions rather than dwelling on the problem.
>
> I think the ideal case would be for Adobe to release the source for the
> non-proprietary parts of the plug-in (I have no hope that they would
> release the graphics engine). This would give us a boost in creating a
> replacement, and would relieve them of their moral responsibility.
>
> Failing that, I like your suggestion of lengthening their terms by a
> reasonable time... say, a year each.
>
> Regards-
> -Doug

Hi All.

As you know I have an "SVG Rendering" it is in either Java or C++; it is
implemented in my ZipProtocol But this not the point I like to make.

- Not counting mine there are at least two other open source graphic engine
the Cato's  whic is using by FF and the Batik's. (so really you don't need
Adobe's).

- The text rendering one can use Freestyle's engine. (I have using that and
able to have the text to be 'transformed' the way it requested to do).

- Assuming that there is an SVG graphic engine (I may consider donate the
specialy disigned for SVG) . My question are:.- even that ADOBE releases the
Graphical engine source code.

Who is hing to be the "head" of the effort? who own that effort?

Where it find the fund at least to pay for those who work full time?
or
IF someone agrees to put up the development money (as an investment) then
what is the plan for us to pay back?.

I think  this is the time for us to think of an "Solution" to have SVG work
on IE.ADOBE-LESS.

btw: there are always a work around. Using combination of javascript+applet
or javascript + custom protocol.

Cheers.
--
Phi - Tran
Hugely increase your speed, saving your band-width with ZipProtocol

Note: Iam waiting for the outcome of IE7 for I can release the Zipprotocol.