Hi-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I spose we are now in the hands of
>
> http://www.gosvg.net/

I just want to note here that the team behind the Renesis SVG viewer is
under new management... there is a new company, EmiaSys, with only the
core technical staff, and with a different financial backer.  From what
I understand, the original parent company, EvolGrafiX, was a source of a
lot of the frustrations we felt.  I think we should keep an open mind
about the Renesis platform.  I've been talking to EmiaSys casually for a
couple months as an SVG WG member (they've been asking about some
technical matters related to SVG Tiny 1.2) and they seem much more
focused than before.

But I agree with Ronan's post in this thread.  There are several options
out there, including existing SVG viewers that haven't bothered to
create plug-ins for IE because Adobe had already staked that ground out.
  This does represent an opportunity for one or more companies to prove
their mettle.

I would like to see several viewers available...  not just for
redundancy, but to drive innovation.  Even if IE ends up supporting SVG,
we won't know to what degree or how cross-browser compatible it will be,
so as a business decision, I would like to have the option to distribute
an alternate viewer of my choosing that has all the features that I
need.  I would not be surprised if companies using SVG would pay for
support and distribution contracts, something Adobe never offered.

Regards-
-Doug