hi,

my app uses javascript to change the color attributes of an svg image.

after these attributes have been changed by the user i want to be able to
send these color variables to another page where they can be used to create
another svg. my page is php and i can collect variables from a url or by the
POST method and pass these to the svg with an onload function. i'm ok with
this last bit.

my problem is sending the 'updated' variables from the first page. when i
send the variables using window.location or post the original variables got
from the svg file 'before' manipulation are sent, not the updated variables.

however if i change the function to an alert, the updated values are shown.

it seems like the page is being refreshed before the variables are passed
into the new page.

i've spent the best part of a day trying different things so i guess i
missing something fundamental, any ideas anyone?

cheers

harvey

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM