Hi,

I started this thread with the main objective of producing PDF
versions of my SVG comics (which are rather complicated, with
filters, interactivity, animation etc.) so I could put them on
wowio.  I have no interest in DFX but it may be a means to some end
and I can't speak for other people.

I didn't know you could save SVG files as PDF using Inkscape.  The
files I want to convert have features which Inkscape doesn't support
(e.g. animation, JavaScript). I tried converting one of my comics and
it looked better in the Adobe Reader than in Inkscape although the
interactivity didn't work (therefore I couldn't test SMIL) and it
didn't seem to be appliying external CSS styles.  A lot of the
Javascript is also in external files so this may be the problem
rather than Inkscape or PDF not supporting it.  Before I spend a lot
of time experimenting, does anybody know if and how you can have
filters, images, SMIL and Javascript in PDF converted by Inkscape. Is
there some other cheap or free converter which will handle this
better?

Richard Pearman       http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard Rosenthol"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey John - Happy New Year, back at you!
>
> There are numerous products on the market that can convert SVG->PDF
with
> full vector fidelity.  I wrote the first one back around 1997,
though it's
> no longer available.   Today, you can certainly use Adobe
Illustrator on the