Acrobat never differentiated between "static" and "dynamic" SVG, it simply
fed embedded SVG through an included copy of the Adobe SVG Viewer.  We are
no longer including ASV with Acrobat and thus ALL SVG functionality has been
deprecated.

Why are we no longer including ASV?   A variety of reasons including (but
not limited to)
* trying to reduce the delivery size of Adobe Reader (a frequent complaint
from customers),
* since we no longer maintain ASV, we have problems with Leopard and Vista

It is certainly possible that since ISO now owns PDF, they may choose to
re-introduce SVG into PDF - either as it was before or perhaps as part of a
conversion to XML similar to our own Mars project.   I would certainly
recommend that anyone interested please join the ISO committee and make
their desires heard.

Leonard Rosenthol
Adobe Systems