On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 09:46:30PM -0000, cremnosedum wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> A while back I mentioned SVG to a friend who knows a lot about computers. He
> said it was no longer beind developed, rather dismisively, and didn't seem
> willing to elaborate on what he meant by that. I was doubtful about that as
> it seemed that all the major browsers were improving their SVG support.
>
> In the last couple of months, there have been a number of browser updates
> with little or no improvement to SVG that I've been able to detect. I use
> Windows XP so I don't know about IE 9.
>
> Have the browser developers basically given up on SVG or are they waiting for
> something or is this a statistical blip or what?
                        .
                        .
                        .
This is a stupid conversation.

I don't mean that *you*, cremnosedum, are in any way defective;
I'm trying to express that there's something dysfunctional about
our culture that we'd ever get to the point that the browser
maintainers other than cheerfully and with utter clarity make it
quite public how and how much they're improving their offerings.
It *is* real, though:  browsers are released, and utterly miss
out on the opportunity to advertise all their benefits.

I expect a few representatives of major browsers will follow up
shortly with explicit lists of recent advances.  If not, others
of us will doubtless pull them together.

cremnosedum, SVG *is* advancing.