Hi

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

> I might suggest (for starters) to avoid using compressed svgz files. For
> one, virtually all web servers have gzip compression enabled so it almost
> certainly won't reduce transfer time.

I didn't know this. Obviously it saves space on the server and I don't know if
it would be a problem to use svg instead.

> Also, I have had multiple issues
> playing around with svgz in the past, it's simply useless in my book.

I find it works OK.

> I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that your comics are doing
> something wrong code-wise. I can't really tell what from a brief look, but
> I'm assuming there's just something in there that could be done better.

I can't fix this without more specifics.

> Great drawings and animations though.

Thanks.

>I viewed them in Opera, but I'm not
> sure what features are or are not working for you.

I originally designed most of it for IE with ASV 3. Microsoft seem to be
paranoid about SVG opening or changing other frames and windows (nobody else
seems to think this is an issue) so they kindly added a "security feature" that
prevented links with target attributes from working. This messed up one feature
of the comic - the ability to click on certain things and see background
information.

Opera is probably the browser which makes the best job of displaying the comic.
The last version I tested was 11.15. This has issues with text, including text
that should have been removed reapearing. It's pan and zoom isn't good. The hot
zone filter tends to make transparency less subtle; there's one girl who wears
a thin nighty and when she has a hot zone, her nipples tend to look much darker
than they should. There are a few frames, where a phone call is being traced,
that are supposed to have flashing lines but these don't appear (this only
works in ASV).

Richard Pearman       http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
South Alberta Cactus and succulent society:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum