Hi,

Perhaps I should have said that I test browsers with my web comic. This has
lots of features, some of which aren't supported by some browsers - animated
filters, filters that access the background graphic, SMIL, Javascript, internal
fonts, text on paths etc.. However there are some things I don't or seldom use:
polylines, symbols, markers, CSS based interactivity etc.. I don't even know
what a view element does! I put the results of my tests on
http://www.pixelpalaces.com/svgviewers.htm I haven't found any improvements in
the last few browser upgrades (sorry can't remember exactly how many) but they
could have been improving things my web comic doesn't use. There are a number
of frames where there are problems with multiple browsers. One example is
frames which were designed for the user to use pan and zoom, these don't work
well in most browsers because pan and zoom is absent or poor (I know you can
roll your own but that introduces more issues). There's one frame which only
works properly in IE/ASV 3 and I have no idea why as the code's similar to many
other frames that work in all browsers.

Richard Pearman       http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
South Alberta Cactus and succulent society:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum